Mentorship relationships can be carried out as the mentor and mentee see fit. We encourage and recommend meeting at least once a month either in person, by phone, via Skype, by email, etc. Mentorship pairs will be expected to meet a minimum of three times throughout the academic year. Mentorship pairs will also be invited to attend various Fielding School and UCLA events throughout the year.
We recommend the following to help guide a successful mentor/mentee relationship:
- Meet a minimum of three times throughout the year;
- Attend a Public Health Forum, conference or other public health related event together;
- Volunteer together at an organization related to your field of interest;
- Attend together social and cultural events (e.g. athletic, museums, concerts etc.);
- Share with each other articles, books, blogs, etc.; or
- Participate in “double dates” with other mentorship pairs in same industry or with shared interests.