Greetings from Career Services at UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. We welcome you to our School and look forward to assisting you during your time with us.
We encourage you to utilize the resources and services of our office. Accomplished public health professionals are in great demand in today's job market; therefore, developing effective job search skills and professional networking contacts will be crucial to your career success as a public health professional.
Our mission is to empower public health students with current career education, employment trends, practical resources and a community of support to confidently make a lifetime of career decisions.
Individual and Small Group Career Counseling,
On Campus Recruiting,
Peer to Peer Learning Workshops,
- Employer Lunch and Learns and Information Sessions,
- Alumni Networking Events
- Mock Interviews,
- Strategic Salary Negotiation Practice
Career Fairs and Employer Showcases
We collaborate with the UCLA community, FSPH alumni and the general Public Health community to strengthen partnerships between students and representatives in Public Health practice areas throughout the Greater Los Angeles area and beyond.
First Steps for Students:
- Draft your resume/CV early in your first year and keep it updated.
- Create a free Handshake account and regularly check it for workshops, jobs and internship listings, on campus recruiting, annual career fairs provided by the FSPH Career Services and the main campus UCLA Career Center.
- Like the FSPH Career Services Facebook page to learn about upcoming campus and community events, jobs/internships, and public health professional development opportunities.
- Review the Graduate Student and Postdoc Career Prep Toolkit to view sample resumes, CVs, job search strategies for a variety of career pathways, how to conduct informational interviews and effective interviewing methods.
- Begin expanding your professional network early in your first year by getting involved in student organizations and reaching out to Public Health alumni to conduct informational interviews.
You are invited to book an appointment through Handshake to meet with the Director of Career Services, Kristy J. Sherrer to receive guidance at any stage of your job or internship search, including career exploration and planning. Feel free to email Kristy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.