Skip to:

Prospective Students FAQ

Can I get my application fee waived?

Fee waivers are available to applicants who meet certain requirements.

For SOPHAS application fee waiver requirements:

For UCLA Graduate application fee waiver requirements:

I am a US citizen, educated outside the US. Do I have to take the TOEFL exam?

Yes, you have to take the TOEFL exam if all your education was from the country whose official language is not English.

Can I Transfer In Any Credits Toward The Master’s Degree?

A maximum of 8 quarter credits may be accepted towards the Master’s degree; however, the course curriculum must be reviewed and approved.

Do You Offer Deferrals?

UCLA does not offer deferrals. You must re-submit both SOPHAS and UCLA graduate application for the following year.

What About Financial Aid?

UCLA has various types of financial aid, including graduate fellowships and scholarships, federal traineeships, need-based scholarships and loans. In order to apply for any type of financial assistance the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be submitted. The FAFSA is available beginning January 1st of each year and is due March 2nd.

Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance With My Application Or Have Additional Questions?

Prospective applicants who have additional questions about UCLA School of Public Health should call the Student Affairs Office at (310) 825-5524, send an e-mail to Sukhwinder Sagoo, or visit the School’s website at

For questions about a specific department and/or degree program, contact the Department Student Affairs Officer. 

For questions about the SOPHAS application process, please call (617) 612-2090, send an e-mail to <A href=""mailto:sophasinfo@sophas">mailto:sophasinfo@sophas

Who Makes Admission Decisions?

Admission decisions are made by a committee made up of faculty members from the program to which you have applied.


Subscribe to RSS - Prospective Students FAQ