Dr. Li collaborates extensively with investigators in biomedical research and public health, especially in cancer research. Along with services as a UCLA Fielding School of Public Health professor of biostatistics, he serves as director of UCLA’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center Biostatistics Shared Resource (BASE Unit).
He currently also serves as director of biostatistics for UCLA’s Center for Excellence in Pancreatic Diseases, co-director of biostatistics for an NIH-funded P01 program grant on stem-cell engineering in men with melanoma, and director of biostatistics for an NIH-funded P01 program grant on targeting diet-induced promotion of Kras-initiated pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- PhD, Statistics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- MS, Statistics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- BA, Mathematics, Shandong College of Oceanography, Qingdao, China
Areas of Interest
My research interests include survival analysis, longitudinal data analysis with non-ignorable missing data, high dimensional data analysis, design and analysis of clinical trials, and evaluation and development of biomarkers. I am currently serving as an Associate Editor of Biometrics and Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. I am a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, an Elected Member of the International Statistics Institute, and an Elected Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society.
- Biostat M215: Survival Analysis
- Biostat 240: MS Seminar and Research
- Biostat 245: Advanced Seminar in Biostatistics
- Biostat 277: Robustness and Modern Nonparametrics
- Biostat 296: Seminar: Research Topics in Biostatistics
- Biostat 400: Field Studies
- Biostat 596: Directed Individual Study
- Biostat 597: Prep. for MS Comp. Exams and Ph.D. Qualifying Exams
- Biostat 599: Research-Dissertation
Kawaguchi ES*, Shen JI, Suchard MA, Li G (2021). “Scalable Algorithms for Large Competing Risks Data." Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 30(3), 685-693.
Ning Li*, Xiaoling Peng*, Eri