Kristy Sherrer is Director of Career & Professional Development for the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health and a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach. She collaborates closely with alumni and employers to develop strength-based career development and community building initiatives that facilitate mentorship of students as well as professional employment opportunities. Her work prioritizes supporting equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives for students to develop cultural awareness to advance as a professional in public health practice and research in a diverse society. Prior to her current role, she was the STEM Manager for Graduate Student Services at the UCLA Career Center, where her role supported extended funding of graduate professional development and empowered thousands of graduate students to make confident career decisions, and as a career advisor for a nonprofit workforce development firm in Maryland, where she partnered with employers and local colleges to create innovative, short term certification programs. Kristy has an MS in Applied Psychology and has taught English as a Second Language in South Korea.
Contact Kristy to:
- Learn about strengths-based career development, leadership, managing up, and professional communication skills
- Explore public health career pathways and preparation strategies for master’s and doctoral level students and graduates
- Receive coaching or training on utilizing the new Public Health & Social Sciences Individual Development Plan (PHaSS IDP), a free career exploration and planning website for public health careers
- Build confidence for informational and job interviews through mock interviews and strategic job offer negotiation coaching
- Discuss public health workforce research and graduate/student/employer engagement opportunities