UCLA has subscriptions to a variety of databases of funding opportunities for use by the faculty and staff of UCLA. Please find below links to these programs. Some of these databases have funding alert programs that can be customized to your interest so that you only receive solicitation notices that meet your field of study.
Please note that some private funders have requested special coordination of applications with the University. Please refer to the University’s Corporate, Foundation, and Research Relations website for an up-to-date list of these private funders. Please contact Kristie Allen, PhD, Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation relations for additional assistance.
For a limited list of funding agencies, please visit the "Funding Agencies" page.
LINKS TO DATABASE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Grants.gov simplifies the grants management process, creating a centralized, online process to find and apply for over 900 grant programs from the 26 Federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov streamlines the process of awarding over $350 billion annually to state and local governments, academia, not-for-profits and other organizations.
A funding opportunities database, providing over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors. Guide to use Spin
- The Foundation Center
This resource provides a limited search of available foundations within a specified region. For accessing the University's paid subscription, which provides more extensive search capabilities, please contact Tracy Hough.
- Newton's List
Established in 2013 and co-sponsored by CRDF Global and the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), Newton's List is a user-driven aggregate of current international funding opportunities for students and researchers working in natural and social science fields.
LISTSERV SITES TO RECEIVE WEEKLY NOTICES OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES AND CHANGES IN POLICY AND PROCEDURE:
- Philanthropy News Digest: A listserv where foundations or other sponsors may post funding opportunities.
- National Institute of Health sends a weekly guide of policy and procedure notices and funding opportunities. To subscribe to this listserv go to NIH.
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research provides UCLA Funding Opportunity Newsletters for various research interests, such as: Public Health, Nursing, and Dentistry; Social Sciences and Public Affairs; Humanities; Health Sciences; Physical Sciences; Life Sciences; Engineering and Applied Sciences; Education and Information Studies; Environment and Sustainability, Arts and Architecture & Theater, Film and Television; Diversity-Themed Opportunities. To subscribe to one or more of these newsletters, please fill out the subscription form.
- UCLA Limited Submissions Announcements are provided by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. To subsribe to this listserv click here.
- Important announcements related to research is provided by the UCLA Office of Research Administration. To subscribe to the listserv go to ORA-News.