Skip to:

Tuition & Financial Aid


Detailed tuition and fee costs may be found on the Registrar’s Office Annual and Term Student Fees page. Questions regarding California residency can be answered by visiting the Residence for Tuition Purposes page.

2022-2023 Annual Fees*

MPH degrees
In State Students:
$25,323 ($18,123 + $7,200 Professional Fees)
Out State Students:
$38,024 ($30,368 + $7,656 Professional Fees)

MS degrees
In State Students:
Out State Students:

PhD degrees
In State Students:
Out State Students:

*Annual Fees are subject to change.  Fees include mandatory health insurance, which may be waived by demonstrating enrollment in a comparable plan.


Federal student loans and work-study funding is available to eligible domestic students and processed by UCLA’s Office of Financial Aid. To qualify, students must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available on October 1, 2022 for the 2023 – 2024 academic year.

Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loans with an annual loan limit of $20,500 and for Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans with an annual loan limit up to the cost of education minus other aid. Students can also apply for private student loans with lending institutions.

The Federal Work-Study Program is available to students who demonstrate financial need. Funds are limited and offered to eligible students based on financial need and on-time application status. 

For more information on federal loans and work-study, visit the Office of Financial Aid.


Since the University cannot assume financial responsibility for its students, U.S. government regulations require that the University be satisfied that entering international students have sufficient funds to meet all expenses while at UCLA. To meet this requirement, all international applicants must complete and return the Confidential Financial Statement. Be advised that all fees and expenses are subject to change; it is best to plan to have additional funding well beyond the minimum.

Unless you have been officially notified in writing of an award from the department or the Graduate Division, you should not expect any financial support from UCLA. Teaching and research assistantships, fellowships and stipends, as well as tuition fellowships, are not guaranteed for the full academic year or for subsequent years of study, unless stated in writing.

For more information, please contact the Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars.


Undocumented prospective students can learn about financial aid opportunities here.