- About FSPH
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
- Alumni Affairs
- Give to the School
Building healthy futures in greater Los Angeles, California, the nation, and the world.
The mission of the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health is to enhance the public’s health by training future leaders and health professionals from diverse backgrounds, conducting innovative research, translating research into policy and practice, and serving our local communities and those of the nation and the world.
Within our community and in all activities related to teaching, research, and service, we hold ourselves accountable to the following values:
The School has organized its strategic goals within thematic pillars that reflect our vision, mission, and core values as they relate to teaching, research, and service:
Excellence in Education
Develop leaders and a diverse workforce that creates transformational change to improve the health of populations.
1. Transform and expand graduate and undergraduate public health education to further promote innovation and interdisciplinary collaborations.
2. Promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in public health education.
Impactful Public Health Research
Develop new knowledge, evidence and pioneering solutions to markedly improve the health of populations locally and globally.
1. Promote innovative, cross-disciplinary, and entrepreneurial efforts that nourish new lines of research and bold public health collaborations while maintaining core areas of strength.
2. Communicate public health research effectively to increase impact.
Effective Partnerships with Communities and Organizations
Develop meaningful and authentic community partnerships and collaborations to build healthy futures and reduce health inequities.
1. Nurture enduring partnerships with communities and organizations.
2. Strengthen public health practice training opportunities.